Looking for a gift for the gardener in your life? These seven gifts will help your loved one start growing – indoors and outdoors. From complete indoor herb garden kits to simple pots, there’s something for every gardener on our list.
1. AeroGrow AeroGarden Gourmet Herb Kit
AeroGrow’s AeroGarden brings your herb garden indoors. With a growing light system and smart control panel, you can grow a wide range of herbs, salad greens, flowers and even vegetables.
- Holds 9 Herb Pods
- Size: 17.25 x 11.25 x 15 inches
AeroGrow’s gourmet herb kit has nine pods and a 24″ extendable lamp arm, so you can grow bigger yields. The company includes the following seeds:
- Thai basil
- Genovese basil (2)
- Italian parsley
- Curly parsley
The kit also comes with a 3 oz. bottle of liquid plant food to ensure that your plants get all of the nutrients they need.
AeroGrow’s growing process is different from conventional potted plants. The system is hydroponic, so there’s no soil involved.
The unit uses 45 watts of LED lighting, which is tuned to the spectrum that helps plant reach maximum photosynthesis.
- Daylight white LEDs allow for fast growth.
- Blue LEDs allow for bigger yields.
- Red LEDs allow for more fruit and flowers.
The included touchscreen control panel automatically adjusts the lighting and sends reminders for when to add water and nutrients. The AeroGarden herb kit is one of the best gifts for gardeners because you can grow all year round.
2. Bottle Herb Garden Kits by Urban Leaf
Create your own windowsill herb garden with these simple kits that use your own repurposed wine bottles to grow fresh herbs.
- Easy to setup & maintain
- Enjoy up to 5 or 6 months of fresh herbs
- Choose from 4 different kits
You provide the wine bottles and a sunny window, and the kit includes the rest. Each kit has 3 seed packs (tested to ensure they grow well in this environment), instructions, labels, growing medium, and inserts.
Four different kits are available:
- Culinary Classics: Dill, Sweet Basil, and French Parsley Seeds
- Edible Flowers: Marigold, Cosmos and Zinnia Seeds
- Exotic Basil: Thai, Purple and Lime Basil Seeds
- Hint of Citrus: Lemon Balm, Lemon Basil, and Lime Basil Seeds
What makes this kit nice is there is very little maintenance. The wine bottles keep your herbs watered for up to a month at a time, so you don’t need to worry about constant watering. Setup time is a breeze and is ready in minutes.
Do you know a wine-lover that likes to cook? These windowsill bottle garden kits make a fun, yet practical indoor herb garden gift that will keep on giving for up to 6 months!
3. Radius Garden Ergonomic Gardening Tool Set
Radius Garden’s toolset is one of the best gardening gift ideas for friends who are just getting started with gardening or need a new set of tools.
Ergonomic 5-Piece Gardening Hand Tool Set
- Lightweight and easy to grip design
- Makes gardening easier providing leverage during garden chores
The 5-piece set includes a scooper, transplanter, trowel, weeder, and cultivator. Each tool has an ergonomic handle that provides leverage and reduces stress on the wrists and hands. The handles are made from non-latex material.
Radius Garden says their tools will last a lifetime, and they guarantee it. Ultra-lightweight and strong aluminum blades make these tools the ideal gift for gardeners.
4. Mr. Stacky’s 5-Tier Stackable Vertical Garden
For gardeners who are short on space, but don’t want to sacrifice variety Mr. Stacky’s 5-tier vertical garden makes a great gift.
- Holds 20 plants in a single location
- Planter size is 12″ x 12″ x 28″ tall
The design of this planter features a patented flow-through design, which saves on water. Just add water to the top pot, and the water will trickle down to the bottom planters.
The planter itself is made from food-safe polypropylene.
You can grow a number of plants in this vertical garden, including herbs, strawberries, and flowers. The set includes 5 stackers with 20 planting locations and one drip tray.
This vertical herb planter makes a great gift for gardening enthusiasts who are short on space.
5. Ogima 10-Piece Metal Iron Hanging Flower Pots
Ogima’s 10-piece hanging flower pots are colorful, easy to hang, and make a great way to display your favorite herbs on a fence or balcony.
- Set of 10 pots
- Vibrant Colors
- Ideal for balcony herb gardens
Designed to hang on a fence or balcony, these pots have no drainage holes at the bottom to keep everything clean. With dimensions of 3.94″ x 3.15″ x 3.94,” they’re the perfect size for herb plants. From basil to chives, thyme, and parsley, you can grow a wide range of herbs in these planters.
The pots come in a wide variety of colors, including green, pink, blue, purple, white, gray, orange, and red.
If you have a loved one who wants to brighten up their garden, these colorful pots are a great option. They’re just the right size for small herb plants, and they can be hung just about anywhere.
6. Double Veg Ledge Suction Cup Window Shelf
For those who love to grow microgreens and start seeds inside the home, the Double Veg Ledge window shelf makes a great gift. Because they suction cup to the window, you can buy multiple ledges to hang on the window and grow multiple plants.
- Create your own shelf on any sunny window.
- Shelf dimensions: 6 inches deep x 15 inches wide.
If you’re worried about the shelf falling, don’t be. The window shelf has a weight-bearing design and powerful suction cups. Each shelf can hold up to ten pounds – enough weight for a medium-sized plant.
For gardeners who want to bring their favorite plants indoors, these shelves are a great option.
7. Jar Flower Arranger by Monticello
This pretty jar flower arranger is an excellent gift for the herb or flower gardener to display cut blooms from their garden. With a slightly rustic, farm-house look, it can be used inside or outside on a patio.
- Size: 8 x 4-1/2 x 5 inches
- Classic Farmhouse Style
What I love about this product is the divider at the top of the jar. When you only have a few blooms or herb sprigs, they can look unbalanced in a larger vase.
The smart design of this arranger eliminates that problem with the evenly spaced dividers in the lid. It also makes it much easier to place each stem exactly where you want it.
Here are just a few ways you can use this jar arranger:
- Keep one in your kitchen to hold freshly cut or store-bought herbs until you are ready to use them in your cooking.
- Display a few cut blooms such as daisies, zinnias, roses, etc in a pretty and balanced fashion on the patio.
- Bring as a hostess gift with aromatic stems of lavender, lemon balm or mint. They make beautiful table decorations!
This unique and thoughtful gift is available from the Monticello Shop. Also available are heirloom seeds from the Monticello and the Thomas Jefferson Center for Historic Plants.
The gardener in your life will appreciate any of the gifts on our list. Hobby-related gifts are always more thoughtful than generic gifts, so give a gift from the heart this year.