Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup with Fresh Herbs
- 96 oz chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 diced onion about 1 cup
- 1 large carrot about 1 cup diced
- 1 stalk celery about 1/2 cup diced
- 1 t minced garlic
- 2 chicken breasts OR shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ package egg noodles
- Finely chop herbs on cutting board.
- Add the stock, herbs, pepper, whole chicken breasts into slow cooker.
- Put on Low & cook for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board & shred with a fork.
- Add carrots, celery, onion & noodles & cook for another 20 minutes until tender.
2. Add the stock and herbs to a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
3. In medium skillet, heat 2 TBS olive oil and sauteé garlic & onion for about 5 minutes until tender. Add to soup pot.
4. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces & cook in the same pan used for the garlic & onion.
5. Remove to cutting board & chop into bite-sized pieces.
6. Add chicken, carrots, & celery to pot.
7. Bring to boil, then add egg noodles.
8. Simmer for 20 minutes until noodles are tender