Easy Linguine and Roasted Tomatoes with Basil
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Linguine
- 12 medium tomatoes use plum or vine ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- Sprig of parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven broiler
- Core the tomatoes & cut them in half. You can scoop out a little of the seeds, I leave most of them in.
- Place the tomatoes on a tinfoil lined baking sheet & sprinkle with basil.
- Broil for about 15 minutes until they are brown on the edges. Note: I broil the tomatoes in the toaster oven, so the time for a conventional oven may be considerably less.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, boil a pot of water. Add salt, then the pasta.
- When there is just about 4 minutes left for the pasta cooking, heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Pour the remaining oil in the pan & Cook the garlic about 3-4 minutes until it just starts to brown.
- Drain pasta & toss in the pan with the garlic
- Remove tomatoes from broiler & add to skillet.
- Toss in the skillet until just mixed.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil or parsley & serve.
This recipe is equally as good with rotini, angel hair or bow-tie pasta.