A quick and easy pasta recipe with fresh herbs, pasta and parmesan cheese. This simple dish can be ready in just 10-15 minutes. This fresh herbed pasta can be served by itself or reduce the portion size and serve with a protein.
Servings: 1 cup
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T chives
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 T freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/8 t salt
- ¼ t pepper
- Boil a large pot of water, adding a pinch of salt.
- While water is boiling, sautee garlic & chives in 1 T olive oil about 3 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat when finished.
- Cook pasta according to directions (angel hair should be done in 3 minutes)
- While the pasta is cooking, add butter, parsley, basil, salt & pepper to pan with olive oil, garlic & chives.
- Drain pasta, then add to the pan with herb mixture.
- Toss pasta 2/3 parmesan cheese until it’s heated through.
- Place pasta in large serving bowl.
- Garnish with remaining parmesan & serve.
You can substitute any type of pasta you have on hand. Rotini pasta is another great choice, since the curved shape of the pasta is perfect to scoop up all the herb and cheese goodness.
You can also experiment with different types of herbs. A citrus flavored thyme works well and would pair nicely with fish or chicken. Oregano can be added for Italian or Greek dishes. Or consider finely minced rosemary which would go nice with heavier meats.