Pepper and Red Onion Flatbread with Feta Cheese
- 4 pieces flatbread
- 1 red onion sliced thin
- 1 red/green or yellow pepper
- 1 TBS chopped thyme
- 5 oz. feta cheese
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium skillet.
- Add sliced red onion & sautee for 5 minutes
- Add peppers, thyme & balsamic vinegar to skillet. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes
- Place flatbread on cookie sheet.
- Top with onion, pepper mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Broil on low for 5-7 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cut & serve.
Fresh oregano can be added or substituted in place of the thyme.